Open Letter to SCV -- November 2021
Dear Fellow Members of the Georgia Division,
Sons of Confederate Veterans,
The results of the recent governor elections in Virginia and New Jersey should have sent a strong message to the far left liberal politicians that American citizens do not support their agenda. However, the tone deaf Democrat politicians didn’t hear a word of it. If anything, they intend to double down on their radical agenda while they are in power. They know that once these massive social spending packages pass into law that they stay with us forever.
Our “Charge” is to make sure the true history of the South is presented to future generations. But, as you know, this is quite a challenge and the far left wants to silence us forever. Please consider just a few items on the radical left’s immediate agenda that we must continue to resist.
- The left is determined to remove our historical monuments. That is any monument of a person, place or thing that may be associated with slavery. And, to some, that extends to sacred statues in the church. Last month the statue of General Robert E. Lee was removed in Richmond. Recently, it was announced that the Thomas Jefferson statue in the New York City Hall will be removed. Statues of President George Washington have been spit on and desecrated in every conceivable way. The bust of General Leonidas Polk is being moved at the University of the South. He started and funded the school.
- For the same reason, they insist on renaming our streets, bridges, public buildings, schools, forts and historic places. 25% of Southern families owned slaves. That means 75% of Southern families never owned a slave. Poor Southern white families actually competed against slave labor to make a living.
- The liberals are determined to teach false history in our schools, colleges and universities to fit a false narrative. Critical Race Theory is our newest education model. It states quite boldly that every problem created in America was the fault of the white man.
- The liberals are determined to forgive all outstanding federal student debt. Many of those children can’t find a job. It doesn’t matter that they majored in ridiculous and frivolous studies and know nothing of value with regards to what is needed in a competitive job market.
- The liberals want to give citizenship to some 15 million undocumented migrants, or Dreamers, and they want to let anyone enter the country who wants in. This is all to solidify another Democrat voting block. And yes, you and I should provide them free health care, and, perhaps, $450,000 each.
- The push is still on by many to defund the police. It doesn’t matter that crime continues to spike in major U.S. cities where this reasoning is strongest.
- The pious WOKE are determined to personally destroy any public figure that has the audacity to think differently than they.
- Apparently, the only advice that we should listen to is from the Squad of Four. They know what is best for us and the country; they promote pure unadulterated socialism. The liberal media cannot express their joy with the Four more often.
- The media has become a lap dog for liberals. The former President was always wrong while the current is always correct. On most national news channels, it is almost impossible to recognize reporting that is factual vs. convoluted opinion.
- Our current President is determined to put people in responsible positions based on identity politics instead of whether they are the best qualified. One might say that it doesn’t seem wise to socially experiment with the security of our country, i.e. the Afghanistan withdrawal.
- Recently, a new House bill was introduced that, if passed, will require federal registration of all firearms. Imagine where that will lead.
- The left wants it known perfectly clear that any white person that does not agree with what black people want is a racist, bigot and white supremacist. As a matter of fact, the local CEOs of both Coke and Delta have made that assertion the newest reality.
- And, last but certainly not least, the liberals want you and me to pay reparations to atone for slavery because apparently you and I are responsible. And, if not for slavery, then redlining business districts or Jim Crow. Apparently it doesn’t matter that trillions and trillions of dollars have been spent since Lyndon Johnson shared Lady Bird’s epiphany. But, I would be remiss if I did not point out that all of these “new investments” will be done to supposedly promote peace. As the House member from New York, Jerold Nadler, pointed out as he agreed to entertain the House bill on reparations, “it is not meant to divide or harm, rather it will promote reconciliation, harmony and a reason to come together as Americans”.
Despite the strong conservative showing in the elections, we cannot lower our guard for one minute; we must live “The Charge”. Our Georgia Division of the SCV has our backs. As I know you will, please continue your strong support. Educate yourself on current political affairs. Call or write your elected officials. Help your friends register to vote. Recruit! Recruit! Recruit! Our history, heritage, honor and future is at stake!
May God bless you all. If you consider this information appropriate please pass it along to your camp members. Call for more information or if I may assist you or your camp in any way.
Tom Holley, Commander
Thomson Guards, Camp 91